Wednesday, June 22, 2011

have a good mormon night!

So I've developed this bad habit of holding bowls whenever I'm eating from one. Blame it on China, blame it on my current circumstance, whatever. It's just easier to shovel food in that way. I'm currently in a bet with an elder to see who can lose 5 kilos in a month so I was being so rajin this week and eating oatmeal for breakfast. I made myself a bowl with a deliciously ripe banana, blessed it, picked it up, and it fell right out of my hand, landing face down on the table. I didn't even get to eat any of it! So that explains the picture of the upside down bowl. I was just relieved that it didn't land on our handphone.


This week has been crazy. Frustrating, exhausting, exciting, busy...basically an average week. We're getting ready for the open house of the new Compassvale Chapel! We had printed somewhere over a thousand fliers in past weeks to pass out to members and their friends, so this week we decided to add in another 6,000 or so, and see where that gets us. We're getting a huge response from the community. The Straights Times even called the office the other day! It's going to be this Saturday from 10 am-8 pm. The missionaries are in charge of the baptismal font room. I had a cool idea for it and offered to help...bad idea! I am my mother's daughter. So my poor companion has had to endure through us being temporary "office sisters" this week. It's coming together though and we might have it ready by Saturday...hopefully. I'm just still waiting on the bonsai trees and bamboo lamps that I suggested to come in. Oh yeah, and the iPads. No one ever takes me seriously! I was also joking about a flat screen tv to play our Mormon Message on baptism, but I was informed that the Young Men have already reserved it for their room. Wha?! Singapore! It will be so cool though! The deputy prime minister of Singapore will be there! If not the prime minister himself! And I will be singing for them with Elder Nowland! I'm pretty excited about that.

As you'll see in the pictures, we laid back with a bit of kite flying and quidditch for p-day today. I don't think anyone thought we were crazy at all. We had quite the audience at that park.



Contacting on the MRT and in other parts of town is going at about the same pace. Sister Howard sat down next to a man the other day, said "hello", and he asked her, "What, do you just talk to people on the MRT all day for fun??" So uhhh we're still pushing for member referrals :) Honestly, it's been really tough. We decided to set our goals higher than we believed we could achieve after we talked to the zone leaders and it was amazing to see Heavenly Father helping us achieve them once we turned our plans over to Him. So, we've got three new investigators from this past week! Rose is from the Philippines. She was chatting with a member of the church online, they gave her the address of the church and told her to go check it out. So she showed up on Sunday and she LOVED it! We have appointments to teach her for the next few Sundays! Remember the man who we bumped into last week who had been praying and then we showed up at Harbour Front? Well he's on date to be baptized now! It's amazing how much truth he's already found on his own and to see it coming together for him in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this church has the fullness of God's truth. I feel so lucky to be sharing that with people!

Cody and Karli! I love you both so much and wish I could be there for your wedding this weekend! I know that you two have such a great life ahead of you! Welcome to the family, Karli! Although you know we've loved you just like you were already in it for awhile now :) Congratulations!

Hugs and kisses to all my family in town for the wedding. I love you all and will miss seeing you and spending time with you!

Hope you all have a great week! Thank you for your uplifting comments, emails, letters, pictures...I love them, and I love you!!

Sister Norton

HFI


No comments:

Post a Comment