Wednesday, June 15, 2011

you're crazy, wildcat!


My companion's high school mascot was a wildcat. I'll send an instant egg to whoever can guess which movie I'm quoting all the time!

WELCOME HOME ELDER LYONS!! I'm glad to hear that you're doing good :) I'm sure Wisconsin is already missing you!

So....remember how I've said I've got some humbling experiences ahead of me? We had some this past week! I can't tell you how many hours and cab fares were spent on trying to find less-active members and referrals from Salt Lake City that apparently don't exist anymore. My poor companion is sick too. After driving around in a cab for an hour in the middle of nowhere, I turned to her and apologized, because I think the lesson to be learned was a little bit of patience and humility for me. Poor Sister Howard, she had to come along on my fun lesson-learning ride.

I didn't go to KL with the trainers of course. Sister Jensen was pretty bummed and so was I. But, Sister Ferg and I got to be the greenies on the loose in Singapore for a few days! We tore up the place. Thursday had to be my favorite contacting day ever. I was proposed to by a man named George. He didn't believe that I was only 21. "You have got to be kidding me! You're older than that! 25 or 28 at least!" And he was not to happy that my purpose was to bring him unto Christ, not to marry him. We did get his number though! Handed it right over to the elders :)

That same night, as we were leaving a members house, I saw a cute cat that I started talking to. Sister Ferg is afraid of cats and was a bit distraught when this cat started following us, and she wasn't watching her steps so she tripped and sprained her ankle. I felt awful!

Alison was baptized on Saturday night! Elders Nowland and Ulrich had been teaching her but she has a pretty long history with the missionaries. She's been meeting with them for three years now, but hadn't had permission from her parents until she turned 21. That night was amazing!! She's already such a strong member.

Highlight of the week: On Sunday night, Sister Howard and I planned on going to Harbour Front to contact a bit. On the way there, we stopped at Clarke Quay, where we never go. There wasn't anything there for us, so we hopped back on the train and went to Harbour Front. The first guy we talked to wasn't so interested, but as we were talking to him, we saw a man staring at us, and when we finished, he basically flagged us down. We introduced ourselves and he told us to sit down. Then he proceeded to tell us that he had been praying for answers about God the night before, he came to the boardwalk to sit and think, and as he was sitting there, he looked over and saw us, "people of God." As you can imagine, I was in shock. Not only was someone not shutting us down completely, but he was telling us that we were an answer to his prayers! I wish I could include everything that we talked about, but I don't have time and I can't do it justice. It reaffirmed my faith that God is going before us, preparing people to hear the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. The message that we had to share with this man meant more than gold to him. He knew that it was special and before we could even ask him to pray to know of its truth, he said, "Well I will ask God tonight." Boom! We're meeting him again on Friday. The church is true baby.

I love you all. You're in my prayers everyday. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my daddy and to my Grandpa Merlin, Grandpa Stoney, and Grandpa Austen! I'm the luckiest granddaughter and daughter in the world :)

Love you!
Sister Norton
HFI


... were you aware that eating lots of curry could take years off of you? Yep, change your hair and eye color too!

No comments:

Post a Comment