Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A TRUE Christmas

The Christmas package you guys sent got to Malaysia on time! Only problem is it came with the zone leaders...and they left it in Butterworth...so I got it on the 27th. Elder Whittaker apologized and says he owes me sushi for "ruining" my present but also said I'll always remember the year I got to enjoy the true meaning of Christmas, unhindered by presents :) And guess what? I kind of liked it. Don't take that as a hint for next year though, Mommy.

Nearly all of our appointments have dropped within the last week because everyone has been so busy with Christmas and different things, but we've had a lot of time to spend with members and also just going around flats and sharing simple messages about Christ. Most people here admit they don't even know what CHRISTmas is. So we've been helping them out.

I got so many wonderful letters and packages from friends and family back home. I loved them all so much! Thank you! I will be writing back as soon as I can.

The highlight of course was skyping with my family! All 12 of them at the house...it was so good to see everyone.

We do have some great news about J (the Indonesian, not the Nigerian). We met with her last Friday and she had prayed about finding a way to get to church, just as we asked her to. A few weeks ago we knocked on another Indonesian woman's door and the next day we called her back to see if we could come over. She said her mother-in-law wouldn't let us in, but that we've been teaching her friend. We told J about it but didn't think much of it. On Friday J said that we could fix both of their problems, we could teach at her house so Y (her friend) didn't have to worry about the mother-in-law, and Y has a car to take them to church! I know it wasn't a coincidence that we found Y. And it was such a miracle for J to be able to get an answer to how she could get to church. So, now it will just be working to get those plans to follow through. It will happen.

DA forgot about his appt. with us on Thursday, or maybe he was ditching us...either way. After we waited for almost a half hour, we decided to go to BJ to find some people there. The first one we found as we walked in the mall was DA. I don't know who was more surprised about us being able to track him down without even knowing we were doing it. So that's four times we've just run into him now. He still doesn't know if he believes in God though. He's been praying and says he doesn't feel like those prayers are heard or answered. But we've run into four times without an appt. I don't know what that could be...

Saturday we spent some time doing service at the Penang Home, an old folks home. I loved every second of it! It felt so good to be doing something for someone else on Christmas eve instead of running around trying to get last minute things done for parties and what not like I'm usually doing at home. I think I'll make it a tradition :)

That's about it folks. Sorry I'm out of time again. I love you all though and hope you had a marvelous Christmas and that you got a chance to think about why it's such a special time of the year. And Happy New Year too! Be safe please!

Sister Norton
HFI

No comments:

Post a Comment