Wednesday, December 7, 2011

we pakai basikal lah!

So we've got our bikes up and running. There's a killer hill next to our house that we've named "the hill called desolation." And riding in a skirt is not so easy. The rain doesn't help either.

We had some unexpected news this last week of a transfer in the sisters. Sister Song had to be moved to Singapore to be in the office after being hit by a motor bike on her bicycle. It crushed part of her spine so please pray for her. Her work must not be done though because she's expected to make a full recovery and be back out in about a month. Pray for us while we ride our bikes too...the drivers are crazy here!

Sunday was a miracle. We haven't ever had more than one investigator come to church...we got four this week. And they're all progressing. Heavenly Father isn't letting us give up just yet.

Sadly, J isn't answering calls or SMS from us...so my heart is broken once again.

Our new J, from Nigeria, came to church and is doing great though. She introduced us to two of her friends and we had a great lesson with them on Monday. We'll be going back again on Friday. I love Nigerians.

A few highlights from the week:

Sister Wilkes got bit by a kid while we were teaching a lesson.

We were knocking on some flats when we got to a door and a man opened and asked, "Did you just call me? How did you know my name?" We were confused and explained who we were and a little bit of the message we were sharing. He let us in and invited us to come back again, but kept bringing up that someone had called his phone right before we knocked on the door, asking for him by name. When he said yes, they said, "Ok thank you, wrong number." Apparently he and his family just moved into that flat two weeks ago and he hasn't given anyone their landline number yet. I was thinking about it a lot after we left and when we returned a few nights later to teach him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, he brought it up again, saying he keeps thinking about it, and that's why he let us in. He thinks he's supposed to listen to what we had to say. I knew that was true the second he shared that. Sadly he didn't give us a time we could come back and teach more. I guess it shows how loving the Lord is to help us recognize answers even when He knows we have the agency to ignore them. I just hope he will give the Book of Mormon a chance and we'll hear from him again. He's the assistant pastor at a Lutheran church here in Penang.

We had Ramly burgers to celebrate my nine month mark last week! It's FLOWN.

Sorry, there's a lot more but I'm running out of time.

Other than that, it's been a pretty tough week again. I've been thinking a lot about the kind of temptations that Christ faced in order for Him to tell Satan, "Get thee behind me." I think he was probably throwing a lot of discouraging thoughts at the Lord, trying to make Him think He couldn't fulfill His purpose. I know I don't have the same purpose as the Savior of the world, mine is insignificant in comparison, but I do know I have been set apart to find His lost sheep. That's my purpose. And sadly Satan has really been getting to me lately. He makes me cry and feel like I can't do this every single day. It's been tough. But I can't describe how thankful I am for prayer, the chance I have to talk with my Father in Heaven and plead for the comfort I need to keep going. I receive it every time I ask. I'm also thankful for the Book of Mormon, for the Holy Ghost prompting the authors of that book to write things that would be so relevant and so comforting to me. Just read Alma 26. I know in whom I have trusted. I'm not giving up yet.

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Sayangi,

Sister Norton

HFI


Sister Norton & Sister Wilkes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment