Wednesday, October 12, 2011

democratic one, not communistic. wait...is communistic a word?

Hey I'm still alive!! And in Singapore! It could be different by next week, transfer news will come out this Saturday. I'll probably stay in Singapore though.

So we found this new friend to teach! It's so crazy....I've run into him in China before too, he's this red-headed guy from the states. We got to read the Book of Mormon with him last week on a park bench. It was pretty cool. I'll send a picture.

CONFERENCE! Aiyo! I think it was meant just for missionaries this time. Sorry to be selfish, but every single talk blew my mind. You know the feeling you get when you're walking out of Disneyland, or boarding a plane to go home from a vacation that you don't want to end? That's how I felt during the closing hymn of the Sunday session. Six more months!?! I loved it. It answered every single question that I've needed help with over the past few months. Seriously, direct answers or at least I was given the help I needed to make some decisions on my own. I love this Church. I love that it's led by Christ and his LIVING prophets, seers, and revelators. It's amazing!! I think my favourites were Elder Callister's (http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/the-book-of-mormon-a-book-from-god?lang=eng), President Monson's (http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/stand-in-holy-places?lang=eng), and President Packer's (http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/counsel-to-youth?lang=eng). Basically all of them but you get the picture. Watch it if you haven't! That means you, Y&I! You can find it all on lds.org, I know you'll find that some of the talks were specifically for YOU.

We haven't had much progress with E, but she did end our lesson with a prayer and she prayed to continue learning about the things we're teaching her, so at least we know that she still wants to be meeting and listening to what we have to say.

B did not get baptized last weekend...he's on date for Christmas day now...it's hard with him. He's reached a stand-still because there's not much left to do for him to act other than just be baptized, but he won't take that step until he knows. I just wish Bandana was here to tell him about her conversion and the role that Ether 12:6 had for her. We're trying and still praying for him though.

K is awesome!!! He came to every single session of conference, including priesthood. TEN HOURS OF CONFERENCE! And still wanted to meet with us yesterday. If that doesn't let you know the church is true I don't know what will ;) He had so many great questions for us and we were able to talk about the Restoration and The Book of Mormon and give him his own copy in Japanese and English. And he's on date to be baptized on Christmas! It seems far away, but I really think he'll want to move it sooner as he gains a greater understanding of God's plan for him and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We met with N on Monday and talked to him about the reality of a living prophet. It turned into him telling us about Singapore's standard of "tolerance" which made a few things pop up in my mind...

http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/the-divine-gift-of-repentance?lang=eng

http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/stand-in-holy-places?lang=eng

It's so hard here. No one understands the whole concept of authority. So...we're again at a loss with him.

D & A are still on date to be baptized at the end of this month. Everything is going well with them.

I LOVED President Uchtdorf's mention of the weak things of the earth preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Conference was such a great reminder to me that I am weak and really can't expect to do anything out here unless I realize my complete reliance on the Lord and the Holy Ghost in all I'm doing. I don't think I'm getting the point across enough of how much I loved conference.

I love you all and hope you're having a great week. KEEP WATCHING AND READING CONFERENCE :) Man I loved it.

Love!

Sister Norton

HFI!

New red-headed friend from the states.

(It looks as though she's not lost her sense of humor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment