Tuesday, October 25, 2011

gray hairs

This area is going to give me a million of them. I'm here, Penang! It's not quite like all of those pictures you're probably seeing, but it's fun. We don't have a phone yet, so it kind of seems like we're stranded and it takes almost two hours by bus to get to the city. We live in a really nice complex and we have a view of the ocean...amazing storms every night. And it's been an interesting week. We need your prayers.

Before we flew out of Singapore last week, we found out that our district leader here, Elder Dass, fell down the stairs on his crutches, was in the hospital, and they were proclaiming him paralyzed from the chest down. I flipped out and started fasting and praying for him immediately. We've been to visit him a few times since we got here and it really is a miracle. Slowly he got feeling back, then started moving his fingers and toes, then tried standing, and now he's walking. I know that that is the power of prayers and fasting. He'll make a full recovery.

We live by Universiti Sains Malaysia (University Science Malaysia) and we're really trying to focus on the students here, which is hard...because so many are Malay. But there are others, I know we'll find them. We've been doing tons of faith finding and one of the miracles that's turned up from that is F, from Nigeria. Thankfully Bro. Maynes taught me a little Nigerian Pigeon in the MTC so we caught his attention with a "Hey, how fa!" Boom. Got his number and he wants to come to church with us. Last night we set some very specific goals for our faith finding. We wanted a family with a mother, father, and at least two kids. We found one with four kids. Only the daughter is interested so far, but I know that the Lord helped us get to their door, so I'm sure the miracles aren't over with yet.

My Malay is a lot better than I thought it would be, I can chat it up with the locals pretty easily and we're making a lot of friends. Sister Wilkes has pretty killer Malay too, she's on fire! I'll write more about her next week. Have a happy Deepavali!! And Landon...I got your letter before I left, no worries! I'll write back asap. Alison, I miss you! I hope you're helping out lots, they need you in Singapore! Keep me updated on everyone, ok? I'll write you soon. Love you!

Dengan banyak kasih,

Sister Norton

HFI

Watching a storm roll in one morning.

Sister Norton with her new companion, Sister Wilkes.

1 comment: