Tuesday, July 24, 2012

bye bye cinta


So this is it.  The last email you get from Malaysia.  Next week we have no pday because it's zone conference and then my next pday after that will be in the land of endless pdays....I’m tripping out just a little bit, yes.

First, I’m an awful daughter and didn't say it last week, but HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY, MOMMY AND DADDY!!  I promise I didn't forget it, I just didn't process that when I emailed about it this week, it would already be too late.  One week at a time is how my brain is working these days.  

Things are amazing with the work right now, of course just in time for me to leave it soon.  Chris, Amanda, Shalinna, and Kapi are getting baptized on Thursday night and then Jong, Shoony, and Josie on Friday night.  Jong put her friend on date to be baptized for us basically.  Acha's husband has also started learning with everyone else at the house and asked to be baptized with the next batch on 1 September.  Richmond cut his hair to a decent length. All the seminary and institute aged ones came to class this past week. Kapeli just got married and his new wife who doesn't have a religion yet wants to begin following Christ and be baptized with him and the rest of the family.  Josie's fiancé is also coming to church and wants to be baptized with the group on 1 September.  Chris helped us teach his cousins, dang the kid needs to go on a mission!!  Pretty much things just couldn't be any better.

We had Women's Conference for Relief Society last weekend and they were talking about which kinds of rice were healthiest; I caught myself practically taking notes then realized I’m going back to a life where I don't really eat rice....that threw me for a loop.   

The elders keep asking me how "dead" I am and remarking at how surprised they are that I seem to be very much alive still.  Of course lah, I’m not wasting my time at the end of the best year and a half of my life. I’m trying to tie-up loose ends and figure out what it is that I’ve really learned here, that's a goal I made at the beginning of the mission, learn something from every companion, every area. Here, it's been a lesson about how good for us our struggles are meant to be.  I’ve always known that blessings come from God, but I’m learning more that trials do too. They're hand-picked for us, pretty much like a personal trainer handing you a 20lb weight once the 10lb isn't enough anymore.  I’ve learned a lot from Nephi who probably had a little bit of whining cross his mind while his brothers were moaning, but had the self-control to keep it in and show his faith.  I’ve been moaning and trying to bide my time, get through the hard stuff, but missing my lesson.  I like how Brigham Young put it:

"There is not a single condition of life or one hour's experience but what is beneficial to all those who make it their study and aim to improve upon the experience they gain."  

I hope to do that always.  Not just now, but with every challenge that pops up once I get home too.  

I am excited to see you all when I get home!  I love you so much and am so grateful for the support you've given me over the past year and a half. Thank you!

See you soon!

Sayang Daripada,
Sister Norton
HFI


So much to be grateful for in Kuching!


Thank you.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment