Tuesday, July 24, 2012

it's official

... almost.  This will be her last email to us.  She has zone conference next week and the following Tuesday ... well, we've received her flight itinerary and in exactly two weeks we will be standing at the bottom of "that" elevator at the Salt Lake airport!  I get so excited ... I get all teary eyed.  Really.  What an incredible experience it has been for Mikelle.  Lots and lots of good stuff ... really good stuff!  Heck, great stuff! Incredible stuff!  And I can't wait to hear all about it!  


Which brings to mind, Mikelle's sacrament meeting report will be at our ward, the Forest Bend Ward, at 7784 South 2000 East (Highland Drive), on Sunday, August 12th at 9:00 a.m. Come early to get a good seat :)  And please stop by our home for some chit chat and a bite to eat afterwards (7674 S Caballero Drive) ... she'll be so excited to see you!  

And can I just say one thing about my incredible husband for just a minute here please?  During both Dax and Mikelle's missions he has sent them the most incredible letters and weekly emails.  Seriously. I think my husband should write a book of letters for parents who would like a little help in that area.  He always seems to say just the right thing or share just the perfect experience or scripture that they needed to hear at that particular time while serving the Lord ... to lift them up and keep them going.  Everyone of them (well, ok, almost every one of them) has been just what they needed at that time. I am so grateful for such a wonderfully inspired husband who has always honored his priesthood and been an incredible example to our children and to me.  

I will share with you the ending to all of his letters and emails because I think it is so sweet and perfect ~  

"Remember to report for work every morning on your knees and ask Heavenly Father what He would have you do.  Then listen real close and the miracles will start!"   -- 

Thank you for your prayers for all of our incredible missionaries out there serving the Lord around the world.  

Please continue :)

xoxo ~ Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment