Friday, July 13, 2012

jangan merokok!


It's our week of helping people quit smoking apparently.  Sony started with a pack a day (20 sticks he says...) and yesterday only smoked 5!  We called this morning to tell him not to smoke and he hadn't had one yet and it was already 11!  Then we got an sms an hour later saying he still hadn't smoked one!  He was so excited about it.  He and Jong are doing great, they're going to make it for the 28th :)  Then Chris, one of the members of Acha's family (her nephew-getting baptized on the 28th also) was smoking 5-10 a day and when I called him about an hour ago (4 in the afternoon) he hadn't smoked any!  Anyone else want to quit smoking???  We’re glad to help :)

Other members of Acha's family are still doing great, still excited for their baptism.  It’s just the word of wisdom push week so it's a hurdle for a few of them, but I know they can do it.  Chris, Amanda, and Shalinna were all working on Sundays so they've missed the past few weeks of church and we told them they should try to find different jobs that don't work on Sunday.  They quit their jobs! Without even having a new one yet!  I was kind of shocked when Chris told me that...asked him why he quit, and he said, "Sister, you told me to quit so I could come to church if I want to get baptized, so I quit!"  I was floored.  I think they're doing ok on their faith if they could take that step.  I’ll be praying that they can find other work now that they've done what they need to to keep the sabbath day holy. Your prayers are welcome as well.

That's about it.  I guess I only have a few more times to email kamu orang. I’ll try to get something good in one of these times.  I love you!  I hope you're having a nice time in that dry heat.  I had to wring out my hair after walking in the monsoon today.  

Sayangi,
Sister Norton
HFI!


Beautiful sunset in Kuching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment